I’ve been thinking about my reading habits and what other people are doing. Where is the best place to find information??? I found my way to the internet and found this wonderful tag @DreamLand Book Blog. Part of this tag (reading habit questions) was created by The Book Jazz.
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading? No…it is either on the couch or in my bed.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper? Mostly bookmarks, but if I am in a pinch then I will use paper. I don’t buy bookmarks. They normally come from book depository or I make them myself.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages? This is one of my biggest reading problems. I have to read until I get to the end of the chapter. This is a good reason why I like books with short chapters. I will put it down if I really have to, but I will try to fight it.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading? Yes Yes Yes…I know that some people don’t like food or liquids around books…well, I am not one of those people. If it is cold, I love a nice cup of coffee. And if it is late then I probably have a bag of chips or something that is considered munchies.
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading? I can listen to instrumentals when I read. Words will distract me. But I can watch TV while reading a graphic novel or manga…weird, right?
6. One book at a time or several at once? I always used to be a one book at a time person, but now I am pretty good at reading more then one. I normally have a physical book, audio book, graphic novel and ebook going all at once…all for different purposes.
7. Reading at home or everywhere? I like reading at home, but I can read everywhere. I make sure I have a book on me at all times. I never leave the house without my ereader.
8. Reading out lout or silently in your head? I am a reading in my head person.
9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages? I never skip a head, unless it is so boring that I am having trouble sticking with it. I will quickly skim ahead paragraphs or pages to get to something better.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new? NO SPINE BREAKING…it hurts me and the book
11. Do you write in your books? No, I am lucky if I can remember a sticky tab. Plus what am I supposed to write? I could never understand what people write in their books.
1. When do you find yourself reading? Morning, afternoon, evening, whenever you get the chance or all the time? Whenever I get a chance. I do a lot of reading during the afternoon and a few chapters at night before I go to sleep.
2. What is your best setting to read in? I don’t really have a best. Some place warm and cosy would be nice. And a quiet setting is a must.
3. What do you do first – Read or Watch? Read….the times that I watch first is because I didn’t know that there was a book.
4. What form do you prefer? Audiobook, E-book or physical book? All of them!!! I love books and they can come in any format.
5. Do you have a unique habit when you read? I don’t think so. The only thing that I really do is set a timer when I read so I make sure that I get a certain amount of time. But that only happens when I am not getting any reading done.
6. Do book series have to match? I want to say no…I really do and I really try, but there is series on my self that don’t match and it drives me crazy. Some are paperbacks and hardcovers, while others are completely different covers. Money will outweigh the fact that I want them to match. It does drive my insides crazy.
Well that was fun…TAG YOUR IT.