Top 5 Wednesday #T5W is a goodread group that was created by Lainey @gingerreadslainey. This weeks topic is the worst love interest that are female or male. This week was a bit difficult for me since I have been out of reading for a while, so these will be from popular series or my most recent reads.
1. My first pick is Aspen from The Selection by Kiera Cass. I just finished this book so he was pretty fresh in my mind. What was America thinking? Aspen is the worst…it is one of those examples of wanting what you don’t have. I know that this is not how everyone sees him, but I think I just think that he was really flat in the first place and didn’t deserve America’s time.
2. The Mortal Instruments is one of my favorite series, but I can’t stand Clary. Who would want to be with her? I know that many people think the love between Jace and Clary was uncomfortable because of the whole sibling thing, but I just wonder why Jace would want to be with her in the first place. Clary is so winy that I think that Jace deserves someone better. I know that she loves him and would do anything for him, but I just couldn’t picture myself being with her.
3. Then there is Gale from The Hunger Games. Don’t get me wrong…I like Gale as Katniss’s friend, but I think he is the worst love interest. He spends all this time with Katniss and doesn’t say anything until Peeta comes in the picture. He never really says what is on his mind and at times I find very rude with his silence.
4. No list would be complete without Edward Cullen. Yes there was the appeal of this mysterious person with good looks that no one knew anything about. But Edward was controlling and stocked Bella all the time. That makes one unhealthy love interest.
5. Lastly, there was Étienne St. Clair for Anna and the French Kiss. This one was a hard one for me because I really did enjoy reading Anna and the French Kiss and there was a point that I did feel bad for Étienne St. Clair, but in the end I think that you are the worst love interest if you are going to cheat on your girlfriend, even if it is emotional. I don’t want to say too much without spoiling anything, but I think he could have done things differently.
I know that some of these characters are beloved by some, so I am sorry if I offended anyone. These are just my opinions and there is probably worse ones out there that I will eventually come across.
Let me know in the comments below what your worst love interest would be. Would you put some or all of these characters on your list?